Human hepatocytes in Ready-to-Use Format
Cultured human hepatocytes are considered up to date the gold standard model to anticipate in vivo metabolic pathways of drugs and new chemical entities. They represent an accepted in vitro model by the FDA for ADME-Tox studies.
- Fresh plated hepatocyte monolayer (24-well plates) subjected to availability.
- Cryopreserved hepatocyte (either frozen or pre-plated) under development.
HepatoReady kits contain 24-well plates with high-viability and metabolically-active human hepatocytes. The innovative shipping medium, developed and patented by ReadyCell, preserves the properties of the plated hepatocytes throughout transportation.
- Non-induced cells.
- User-friendly and easy-handling system.
- Polarized cells.
- Long-term functional metabolic activity.
- Shipping medium is easy to remove after liquefaction at 37°C.
- 24-well plate format.
- Exclusive solid shipping medium.
- Phase I and Phase II drug-metabolizing enzyme activities.
- Synthesis of plasma proteins.
- Carbohydrate metabolism.
- Bile acid, cholesterol and fatty acid synthesis.
- Urea production.
- Metabolic stability.
- Hepatic clearance.
- Metabolic profiling.
- Metabolite identification and structure elucidation.
- Prediction of in vivo pharmacokinetics from in vitro data.
- Drug-Drug interactions studies.
- Drug toxicity associated with drug metabolism.
HepatoReady is nowadays under-development