A mucus secreting ready-to-use concept for intestinal absorption evaluation
CacoGoblet, a mucus-secreting ready-to-use kit. The kit consists of 24 permeable supports seeded with differentiated polarized Caco-2 and human goblet cells. It, allows in vitro intestinal absorption evaluation of drug targets in a barrier physiologically closer to the intestinal epithelium. CacoGoblet is flexible, since plates can be used up to 5 days after ideal cell barrier differentation at day 21, being a time and cost-saving tool for early stage drug discovery and development.
- Mucus secreting CacoGoblet represents a more predictive model for compounds or formulations with passive diffusion transport pathway.
- CacoGoblet allows end-users to avoid in-house maintenance and handling of cell cultures, thus reducing operating cost.
- The kit has been designed to provide a user-friendly and suitable tool for High Throughput automated procedures.
- CacoGoblet provides a 21-day barrier.
- Out exclusive shipping medium ensures the stability of barrier properties.
- High flexibility as the kit useable up to 5 days after 21-day cell barrier differentation.
- Shipping medium is easy to remove by liquefaction at 37ºC.
- 24 and 96-HTS insert–integrated plate format
- Exclusive solid shipping medium
- Evaluation of oral absorption efficiency, oral bioavailability and oral toxicity
- Adaptation to High Throughput Screening of target compounds
- Study of mechanisms involved in oral and intestinal absorption
- Suitable for research on new delivery systems
- Goblet cells comprise the second major cell type of the intestinal epithelium.
- HT29 goblet cells and Caco-2 absorptive cells can be grown as co-cultures with barrier properties and create tight junctions between Caco-2 and HT29.
- Co-culture model for intestinal drug absorption and transport studies.