MDCKII BASED MODELS OF ACTIVE TRANSPORT IN READY-TO-USE FORMAT
MDCKII cells are often transfected with transporter proteins to investigate drug efflux and/or uptake. Therefore, this cell line is a useful model for the identification of different transporter substrates and inhibitors
As MDCKII cells endogenously express other transporters such as canine P-gp3, it is recommended that the compound is screened through the MDCK (Wild Type) Permeability assay to calculate a net flux ratio in order to confirm the role of human P-gp in the MDR1-MDCK studies.
PreadyPort family include different types of approaches to transporter studies, including FDA and EMA recommended models besides new and exclusive approaches to better understand drug transport:
- Madin Darby canine kidney (MDCK) cells are an epithelial cell line of canine kidney origin.
- MDCKII cells have low expression of transporter proteins and low metabolic activity.
- MDCKII cells are often transfected with transporter proteins to investigate drug efflux and/or uptake.
- Available on demand.
- User-friendly and easy-handling system.
- Adaptable to automation.
- Transporter experiments without in-house cell propagation.
- Transporter experiments without in-house cell line development, or acquisition.